Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result, the graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as;
1. Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
2. Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels
3. Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services;
4. Indian Navy Hospitality services;
5. Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
6. Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains;
7. Hospital and Institutional Catering;
8. Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes;
9. Shipping and Cruise lines;
10. Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
11. State Tourism Development Corporations;
12. Resort Management;
13. Self-employment through entrepreneurship and
14. Multinational companies for their hospitality service
For pursuing any of the above listed career students needs to undergo the 3 year graduation in Institute of Hotel Management(IHM). Candidates needs to clear the Joint Entrance Exam(JEE) for getting himself enrolled in any of the IHMs. JEE is conducted once in a year in the month of April.
Eligibility Conditions for NCHM-JEE
Age:-22 years (Gen and OBC) 25 years (SC/ST) when applying for course
Sex :- Unmarried male & female candidates
Qualifications :- XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities with English as a compulsory subject.
To clear the written exam aspirants needs to prepare subjects like Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, English Language, GK & Current Affairs, Service sector Aptitude.
JEE total marks-200
JEE is a single level exam no interview and GD are conducted afterwards. Colleges are allotted according to merit prepared on the basis of performance in written exam.
|Class XIIth passed||Preparation of NCHMCT & other prestigious career like NDA, IMU, NCHMCT etc written Exam||1 Academic year (Apr – Mar)|