The World is full of Successful people. There is so Much Money, Name and Popularity. Do I ape these? And then my success will be ensured.
In real world this does not happen. Each Individual has different capacities and aspirations. The world is full of variety of career options.
While is school the students have various questions
- What percentage in exams ensure my success in my dream career?
- Is percentage always important ?
- I like sports and games, can this help me in my career?
- I do not like to always keep studying, do I still have any scope in any careers?
- How can my hobbies or interests lead me to my choice career?
- Everybody is becoming an Engineer or a Doctor, if I do not will I still be equally good?
- How can I get detailed information about various Careers
The Schools must opt for Career Counselling for students of classes 9th to 12th.
It starts developing the understanding about various career options early for students of classes 9th& 10th and helps them choose the right set of subjects in class 11th.
Students of 11th& 12th get to understand the various options available for them according to their subject choices.
- Determines Students Potential:
Regular aptitude tests (Psychometric Tests) and counselling sessions can help students in finding out the right career options and the fields that interest them. On the basis on these counseling results, students make the right choice regarding what course they want to enroll into in order to accomplish their career goals.
- Clears Ambiguity about careers:
Even if the students have idea about what to do in life, they need to understand the career path. Career Counselling will help them choose right courses for higher studies.
- Support :
Right support for a student keeps one motivated. The competition is at every step and career counselling can be a great tool of motivation. Even if the student has missed one option, there are various others available with equal importance.
It is a good idea to take advice from experienced people in their fields. But there can be two options
- Right person not available
- The experience does not match the needs of current trends.
The Boards have made it compulsory to have Career Counsellors. But sometimes the school are confused to keep Psychological Counsellors, Life Skill Experts or Career Counsellors.
Career Counselling with Psychometric Tests Analysis is a great idea for Schools.
Edge academy has conducted psychometric test& Career Counselling for Students of ARTS, COMMERCE & SCIENCES for several school all over India, with a view to help students identify their personality & suitable matching careers. Some of the schools which have benefited are, Army School Kota, KV-1 Kota, KV-2 Kota, Army School Abhor, Army School Fazilka and many more CBSE Affiliated Schools.