Teachers Training Programs
Education Administrators &Teachers Programmes
Education Administrators and teachers need to be sensitized towards their role as facilitators with a view to enhance Interpersonal and motivational nature of their roles.
The program is designed to help stretch their flexibility of style and of thought, Ignite their ability to think.
Most of all, their non-verbal communication is closely observed, and should evince marked improvement.
A Few SUGGESTED WORKSHOPS Topics:
1. 21st Century School Education & Role of Educator
- Need and importance of school education.
- Objectives of school education according to education commission.
- Understanding School children.
- Developmental needs of school children.
- Interests of school children.
- Need and importance of books, teacher & classroom accessories.
Role of Educator (Interactive session with powerful presentation followed by role play and individual/group activity)
- Teacher characteristics
- Teacher influence
- Teacher attitude
- Teacher effectiveness
- Teacher as care giver
- Teaching as profession
- Teaching methods
- Teaching experience
Workshop Benefits: It focuses on building of an individual as a 21st Century Educator. During the workshop latest techniques of Classroom Management will be discussed and with activities shall be applied in a real classroom scenario.
Success is never an accident…it is always an output of ambition, planned development of competencies, careful execution and feedback corrections.
- Communication Concepts
- Types of Communication
- Para linguistics – Body Language
- Enhance effective Verbal & Nonverbal Communication Skills with students, staff and parents
- Enhance effective Writing Skills
- Enhances Interpersonal Skills
- Develop effective Interaction Skills
Reduces level of conflict and misunderstandings
3. Leadership Skills
Workshop for aspiring team leaders. In this workshop, the participants will be introduced to the various dimensions of Leadership, Roles and Responsibility of a Leader, how to identify the leadership traits in one self and how to develop the Leadership skills. The workshop also deals with topics such as taking initiative, setting examples, taking ownership, building a strong bond, positive thinking etc.
- Leadership Concepts
- Developing Leadership skills
- Identifying Leadership traits in you
- Leader V/S effective manager
- Enhances leadership Skills
- Taking the leader out in you
- Reduces level of conflict and misunderstandings
- 4. Interpersonal Skills
Developing lasting relationships is an essential attribute of all highly effective people. Your ability to relate to others and broaden your network can have lasting results on your performance, self-confidence, social abilities and career potential. This workshop explores communicating with others, self-awareness and attitude, creating opportunities and exploring personality types.
Importance of Interpersonal Skills at school/ coaching
Understanding empathy and using it at school/ coaching
- Recognize the importance of interpersonal skills esp. during PTM’s.
- Relate interpersonal skills to self-awareness.
- Value the impact of perception and empathy.
- Improve social and networking skills.
- Motivation and Self Esteem
A teacher is a leader who can motivate his students and produce unexpected results. Leadership assumes most important place at our workplace and personal life. A leader assumes responsibility and inspires through self discipline and strong values.
- Motivation and values
- Developing Self Esteem
- People Management
- Enhances leadership and student management skills
- Fine-tunes strategy thinking skills
- To nurture vision building and aiding its execution
- To instil Pride in whatever a leader does and develop self esteem
- Enhances influencing skills and self discipline
- Conflict Resolution
We face conflict every day. It is simply a condition in which a person’s concerns for the things they care about appear incompatible with another person or group. Teachers spend about a quarter of their time handling conflicts. They negotiate over resources, handle disagreements, deal with complaints, enforce rules and manage the inevitable frictions and resentments that occur between people. This programme focuses on best practices to manage with conflicting situations with powerful tools to resolve them.
How does conflict arise?
Achieving win-win results
How to manage good relations?
- Identify positive and negative results of conflict
- Manage behaviour and emotions
- Understand why conflict must be resolved
- Deal with conflicting situations effectively